This recipe is one my grandma Marjie gave me. I would call this a major comfort food dish. It is incredibly rich and delicious!
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
- 1 c. Soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. marjoram (optional)
- ½ t. thyme
- 2 t. cooking oil
- 1- 10 ½ oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1- 10 ½ oz can condensed beef broth
- 1- 10 ½ oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 medium potatoes, chunked
- 4 carrots cut in 1” chunks
- 1 small onion, chunked
- 2 T. parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients. Shape into ~ 24 meatballs. Brown them in oil in a 4 quart dutch oven. Remove as they brown. Combine soups and broth. Add meatballs and vegetables. Cover and place in the oven for at least 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with parsley.