This Mississippi Pot Roast is Rick’s favorite! This recipe is SO easy and we eat it fairly often. It is typically made with a chuck roast, but really any type will do! Cooking a chuck roast on low heat makes it incredibly tender! This recipe is also really flexible and is easy to modify to your liking.
- 1 (3-4 pound) roast
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix OR Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 8-10 pepperoncini peppers AND a splash of pepper juice
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with ranch dressing mix and au jus mix. Place the peppers and butter on top, add the splash of juice.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6.
- Do not add any additional liquid to this. The butter provides plenty as it melts!
I love to serve the Mississippi roast with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. The roast also is great on a sandwich!